Here’s To Your Journey
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Omaha Gbl Sls&Ctmr Care Campus
located at 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, NE 68114
is currently hiring a Temporary Part Time Senior Sales Coordinator.
Responsibilities include: Temp Dates - 12/17/18 to 4/8/19
The Sales Coordinator’s function is to provide dedicated support to the National Group Sales Team of Account Managers. The primary responsibility of this position is to execute the merchandising of group opportunities using Marriott's SFA technology and other Marriott information systems. Performs inventory search and negotiates and leverages customers’ needs acting as a liaison for National Group Sales and our hotels. Provide support to their assigned Account Manager with various tasks including assistance in closing on group business, addressing customer requests, and facilitation of account production reports.
This position requires contact with both internal and external customers including corporate staff, property managers, Group Sales Team Offices, property sales departments, Global and Area Sales Team partners, as well as external customers and other hospitality industry leaders.
Duties require managing daily business operations, handling incoming telephone calls and facilitating call communication, providing assistance as directed by individual Account and Department managers as well as other staff concerning job-related functions. Responsibilities include the processing of opportunities, maintenance of accurate data and communication of information among all Managers and internal/external clients. Customer service skills are essential in assisting with the closure of potential business.
· Work in the Sales Force Automation Systems (SFA) database.
· Perform inventory search of hotel availability based on customer requests. Negotiate and leverage customer’s need, acting as a liaison for National Group Sales, hotels and customers.
· Secure most accurate match of Marriott product to the customer’s physical and financial needs.
· Match hotel need dates with customer’s needs – ensure an offer to each customer
· Processes all leads in a timely manner. Monitors, updates and communicates lead status to appropriate parties.
· Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFA to ensure accurate reporting.
· Complete lead entry of customer opportunities as requested by manager.
• Maintains open communication with managers, properties, GST, GSO, and markets as needed
regarding lead status.
· Compose and update response grids/forms whenever necessary.
· Responsible for addressing inquiries in a timely manner and/or channeling concerns/questions to the appropriate department team member.
· Assist in closing on pending business opportunities, including working with customer and hotel contacts.
· Facilitate the execution of contract requests.
· Field and execute on all customer requests.
· Provide coverage for Account Manager as needed.
· Assist with special projects as requested by Account or Department Manager.
• Demonstrate flexibility by concurrently supporting multiple team members as required
• Responsible for assuming additional reasonable responsibilities as requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Skills/ Personal Competencies
• Knowledge of Marriott brands, business strategies and culture
• Microsoft Office, SFAWeb, MARSHA
• Product knowledge of hotels on a global basis
• Ability to efficiently use spreadsheets
• Effectively navigate and utilize the Internet and Intranet
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as tax and commissions.
• Ability to work well as a team
• Ability to be flexible and exercise sound judgment and decision making
• Organizational skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Exercise consistent customer service / hospitality skill
• Proficient communication skills in both oral and written form. Use of proper grammar and punctuation
- Uses active listening to ensure effective interactions with others.
- Delivers clear, evenly paced presentations.
- Tailors message to appropriate audience.
- Provides effective written and verbal communications
- Uses technology appropriately when delivering presentations.
- Articulates to the hotels/customers the financial benefits of a lead/proposal as it pertains to the hotels/customers business objectives.
- Negotiates availability with hotels/GST based on customer needs and sales opportunities.
- Influences hotel decisions that create mutual “wins.”
- Demonstrates selling skills e.g. objectives, benefits, features.
- Relates customer needs to product capabilities. Is creative in working with hotels/GST to find appropriate fit for business.
Previous Experience Executive Meeting Manager
Convention Services Manager
Similar experience in external environment
Education or Certification
High School diploma or equivalent
Associate Degree (AA) from 2 year college and/or two to three years of related experience or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Hotel management training and reservations training desired
English language both written and spoken
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Associate is regularly required to sit
· Associate is occasionally required to stand and walk
· Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision
· Specific hearing abilities required by this include ability to hear phone conversations clearly
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18003C9J?%3Flang=en-us
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers
to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media. FacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagram@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat.
So, we ask, where will your journey take you? Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.